Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A NOTE: from HOWARD ELY// POETRY.COM..(2003)..memories

DEAR SHEILA...

ever so often..as our editors review the poems that been presented..

our..Editor's Choice AWARD, they personally select a few poems they

believe would have a wonderfully expressive quality..if read by an

professional reader..Your Editor has suggested that you become one

of 33 poets whose artistry will be recorded professionally as a special part

of a new CD..poetry collection..THE SOUND OF POETRY..

I am writting to get your permission to include your poem
( Cast A shy Shadow)

in this highly acclaimed & internationally distributed three album collection

scheduled to be released four weeks after we recieve all permissions...

THE SOUND OF POETRY ..released as a 33-track,three albumCD set
(one track for each poet)
features an inspiring introduction as a prelude to the selected artistry,

as well as a brief commentary about each featured poem and poet captivating

Baroque music forms the background to the spoken words...

sheila..
ur artistry will not be recorded without ur permission..if u agree to have your

poem included in..The Sound of Poetry..simply make any corrections needed...

HERE IT GOES..

MY WORK..THE 2003 AWARD FOR POETRY...

TITLED

CAST A SHY SHADOW..one of my first ..ever

trying to be a poet..I entered..trying to win..>> Cash...

Dip the skies..

in2 deep dark chocolate people..

the tastiest flavor on earth..

commending all whose been

expose to the beauty..the culture..

endurance of..thee..

wonder if there's anymore left..

to save for later..Sistah's...

when the vintage wine brings the

meal all together..I'm in2 my

blackness..

only 2 whined up being left empty.

until..I cast the shy shadow

of a hershey...sweet as they wanna

b..my brothas....

peace..Create..(Sheila)

HAD TO BRING BACK MEMORIES..WHEN

I became poetry..the calm..document..successful..

adequitly what I never knew would find me..in

my personal..u got 2b..THE POET IN ME..

CHOCOLATE..Deep..love u..motivation!!!!!!!!all

my brothas of Poetry..in the clubs..NYC...BOWERY..
SF..
Wordsongs..

JOC..WARNER>PHILLY,WASHINGTON DC..>CRUSH WATER GROOVE

ATLANTA..Ga..SIGNA..POETRY..Afrikan poet

society of JAMAICA Queens..DR.DEAS..Professor of psychology.spoke at my son's

Graduation/2000..YORK College..OF THE CITY OF new york..and

NYORCIAN poetry club...I..thank u..

No comments: