Friday, October 1, 2010

Avid Follower's Page - Smiley & West

"The Twenty
Third Psalm Spoken By
The Cherokee People The Great Father above a Shepherd Chief is. I am his and with Him I want not. He throws me out a rope and the name of the rope is love, And he draws me to where the grass is green And the water not dangerous. And I eat and lie down and am satisfied. Sometimes my heart is very weak And falls down but he lifts me up again And draws me into a good road. His name is Wonderful. Sometime, it might be very soon, It may be a long, long time. He will draw me into a valley. It is dark there, but I'll be afraid not, For it is in between those mountains, That the Shepard Christ will meet me and the hunger That I have in my heart all through this life will be satisfied. He gives me a staff to lean upon. He spreads a table before me with all kinds of food. He puts His hand upon my head and all the tired is gone. My cup He fills, till it runs over. What I tell is true, I lie not. These roads that are 'away ahead' will stay with me through this life and after. And afterwards I will go to live in the Big Teepee, And sit down with the Shepherd Chief forever. Author Unknown."

No comments: