Monday, September 21, 2009

albino black person - Kenosha Robinson - people with albinism - Marie Claire

The twist of fate in another state of mind..across the waters..AMERICA THE beautiful albinism right here...the same thang..but she's got family..it gets worse...LISTEN!!!!!! albino black person - Kenosha Robinson - people with albinism - Marie Claire: "Growing up in Jackson, MS, I gravitated toward white people. It felt natural, I suppose, because I looked like them. While my cousins got black baby dolls for Christmas, mine were always peaches and cream. Once, during playtime in elementary school, one of the black girls told me I couldn't join her group. My doll, she said, was the wrong color. Later, I understood what she meant was that I was the wrong color. Like my doll, I was blonde and green-eyed-the only one in a mass of brown skin. I am African-American, born with a genetic abnormality called albinism, meaning I've got little to no pigment in my skin. Albinism is a recessive trait, so both parents must carry the gene in order to conceive a child with it. It's more common than you'd think-one in 17,000 children is born with albinism. My mom was only 16 when I was born. She did her best to protect me, but I knew early on that I was different. Everywhere we went-the mall, the grocery store-people stared at me. You could see the question on their faces: 'Is she really yours?' My dad died from pneumonia when I was 7. Mostly what I remember about him is the way he stood up for me. One day I asked him, 'Why do people always look at me?' He said, 'It's because you're so beautiful.' But some of my extended family were less charitable. Most of my relatives are from the Mississippi Delta, where blacks and whites still live separately. The notion of forming a friendship with a white person is foreign to my relatives, so how were they supposed to treat me? The only way, it seemed, was by singling me out and teasing me. 'White girl!' they'd call me. I felt like I was a betrayal"

10 comments:

shauna93kyle said...

in sorry you have to deal with that. i cant say i kno how you feel cause i dont,but i have been reading your story and it makes me wanna cry. i dont think its right that you get treated like that. there is no reason for people to treat you differently from everyone else.

Anonymous said...

I think you're stunning! Really!

Anonymous said...

You are the most pretty albino I have ever seen, :)

dwilli2011 said...

Let your "Bright" light shine and thank GOD for progression. In due time the world will begin to open their eyes beyond their own personal color spectrum. God made you beautifully and beautifully you shall live despite the fearful and naive people who wouldn't know beauty if it was standing in front of them. :)

Anonymous said...

well i find it interesting my mom was lite like you and for years she did not know why she was so lite with green eyes since her parents were not albinos but one day the eye doc told her she was albino and i believe some of my brothers and sis are and now i have a neice who look like my mom i always admired my brother and sis lite eye and lite color hair and i wonder why although i was lite i did not get the lite color eyes and hair they had but now i understand more about albinism and you dont need to worry there is a lot of people who love your color and wish they had it so dont worry be careful and make sure you cover up and protect your skin and eyes.

Star5ire said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hi Kenosha,
Wow ! It is worderful to see somebody like me !!! : )
I think you are very cuuuute .
May the lord provide all your needs .

Anonymous said...

You are beautiful, truly.

Anonymous said...

People sometimes are rude and very cruel towards people that don't fit into their little small mind set, you must open their little mind and see everybody is unique and in need of love.

Anonymous said...

Rather they should embrace you and love you 😍